BREAKING: Fire caused by discarded cigarette

The Boulder Creek Fire Protection District’s Kevin McClish has issued a statement regarding this morning’s fire at the Coldwell Banker office in downtown Boulder Creek. From his note:

 

This mornings fire at the Coldwell Banker building was caused by a discarded cigarette, in the alley under the stairs, between Coldwell Banker and the Oddfellows building. There is evidence in the area of people drinking, smoking, and possible sleeping in that area. . . .   If this fire had occurred at 3 am we would have lost several buildings.

 

Authorities have a pretty good idea who started the fire.  All local business owners are being encouraged to check the exterior of their buildings for evidence of people smoking, drinking or sleeping on their properties, and if  they have issues with this to notify the Sheriffs office.

A big thanks to Doug Conrad, Mark Kinder and Jim Walters who aggressively attacked the fire until the fire department arrived.

coldwell fire

 

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,168 other followers