lille æske’s upcoming Supper Table Series: A Forager’s Feast will be this Thursday Novermber 5th at 7:00 p.m.
To purchase tickets, click HERE
The evening w influenced by the roots of the land where we live. The evening will pay respect to the backyard bounty of Santa Cruz County. Staying in line with this theme of “roots”, we have paired the meal with live music that travels back in time.
Live music will be provided byAlison Steele on the clawhammer banjo. Alison is the founder of the female bluegrass band, Sugar by the Pound .
This week’s menu was created by culinary artist Brian Munn (The Buttery) for A Forager’s Feast. Munn has a passion for hunting, harvesting, and savoring the food that we walk, hike, and surf past everyday- acorns and olives, even kelp. His menu is inspired by the many edible treats we have in our back yard that we too often forget about:
– From the Orchard- Local Marinated Olives & Live Oak Acorn Pate w/ Toast
– From the Garden- Early Harvest Pickled Veggies & Warm Fall Root Salad w/ Acorn Squash Soup
– From the Sea- Local Raw Oysters w/ Pickled Monterey Sea Grapes & Cranberry Saison Mignonette
– From the Field- Local Rabbit Ragu w/ Creamy Corn Polenta
– Something Sweet- Vanilla Bean Ice Cream w/ Caramel & Coffee Salt
– And to drink? Brian’s brewing exploits with Trevor Wright (Gordon Biersch) will afford ample pairing opportunities:
– English Pale Mild Ale
– Cranberry Saison
– Coffee Porter