Food & Entertainment
- Scopazzi’s Some of the best food in Santa Cruz county, a killer bar menu and “top notch” polite and professional waitstaff
- Old Mountain Inn Great home style breakfast – Owner Barbara has a great singing voice!
- The Red Pearl – Chinese food, a bit too expensive, but all we’ve got – and darn good food and good selection of vege entrees
- Round Table Pizza – 831-338-2141
- Boulder Creek Brewery – 831-338-7882 – Great beer, good burgers and OK service. The $3.50 burger and fries lunch deal is a nice value
- The Redwood Keg – 831-338-2727 – Owners Bob and Jane are truly great people. Redwood Keg makes arguably the best sandwiches around.
- Taqueria Los Amigos – 831-338-2841 – Great food and great service. Click HERE to read a review with pictures
- Jenna Sue’s Cafe – 831-338-7008 – Good coffee, good food and nice staff. Try the biscuits and gravy!
- Boulder Creek Insider local music downloads…
The Red Pearl is not expensive! They have excellent food, some meals for less than $10, and you can even order online. Service is wonderful, everyone I know loves the place.
Thanks for your comment Peter. We’re certainly welcome to all input and opinions. If you’d like to do a stand alone review of the Red Pearl, we’d be happy to publish it.
Personally, we’ve found it difficult to get a good meal for under $12, which makes it a bit pricey. Also, there are few “small size” options for 1 or 2 diners. But all in all, it’s a great place, with nice service and the “chef’s specials” are also really tasty.
In a Chinese meal, we typically order family style, so it is very inexpensive. We always have left overs if two people eat two dishes. We find the quality of the natural style vegie items awesome! Good prices! Great service. Highly recommended.
Please revise the listing above.
Also as a service, what about the other restaurants in town?
Mexican Food at Taqueria Los Amigos
Jenna Sue’s Cafe
Thanks – We have done a standalone review of Taqueria Los Amigos – We love it and will add it to the listing.
We also love Jenna Sue’s. We’re volunteer run and not for profit, so we do the best we can, but we certainly welcome contributions! Just email words and pictures to us.
Re: The Red Pearl. My wife and I usually get chow fun and an appetizer and split it. Our usual meal: $8 for Prawn Chow Fun + $6 for pot stickers = 14/2 = $7 a person, not including tip. Eating that way, it’s very cheap. 🙂
thanks for the input! We’ll have Susan give it a try.