In preparation for the Boulder Creek Bluegrass and Old Time Festival, we will be featuring interviews with the performing bands. The Festival will be held March 9 and 10 at Scopazzi’s.
1. How do you describe your music or . . . what style of music do you play?
We are a bluegrassish band that has a hint of country and new grass… sometimes rowdy, sometimes soft- but dynamic and unique.
2. Who is in the band?
Jeremy on mandolin and Jason Lampel on banjo ( both formerly of Strungover), Sheila Golden on guitar, and Mike Luke on bass (who will not be at teh festival, Shea McKusick of the Harmony Grits will be filling in).
3. When and where are you playing at the Boulder Creek Bluegrass Festival?
Saturday night at 9pm
4. Who are you influences?
Martha Scanlan, The Reeltime Travelers, Gillian Welch, John Reischman and the Jaybirds, Bill Monroe
5. Is there a website people can visit to hear your music?
http://www.thedownbeets.com or http://www.cdbaby.com/thedownbeets
6. Name one of your crowd-favorite tunes (please):
Will I Still Like You When I’m Sober (by Sheila Golden)
7. Anything else you’d like to say to the fine people of Boulder Creek?
Sheila, the lead singer in the band, lived in Boulder Creek for six years…. so she is semi-local!