When: Thursday, December 11th
Due to further information about the upcoming storm and to protect the safety of students, staff, and families, we have decided to cancel school, as well as the Book Fair, this Thursday, December 11th.
The forecast calls for 8-10 inches of rain and wind gusts of up to 80 miles per hour, and all available forecasts agree that this storm could be the worst we’ve experienced in the last six years. By letting you know in advance, hopefully you will have the time you need to make alternate child care arrangements or plan to take the day off from work, if possible.
We normally do not preemptively call for a school closure, but under these circumstances, we feel it is in the best interests of our entire school community. Please continue to check your email, phone messages and radio (KSCO and KUSP) for updates just in case we need to be closed on Friday as well.
Stay warm and safe!