In preparation for the upcoming Boulder Creek Bluegrass and Old Time Festival, we will be featuring interviews with the performing bands. The Festival will be held March 9 and 10 at Scopazzi’s.
1. How do you describe your music or . . . what style of music do you play?
We play Old Timey style, with the clawhammer banjo, fiddle and guitar, and write original music trying to emulate that style.
2. Who is in the band?
Cactus Bob Cole on fiddle, mandolin and guitar, Chris Stevenson, aka Prairie Flower playing banjo, guitar and bass fiddle. We could have guests, Pegleg Reza playing ukulele and guitar and Muddy Barnes on guitar.
3. When and where are you playing at the Boulder Creek Bluegrass Festival?
Friday evening starting at 8 pm.
4. Who are you influences?
All the Old Timey bands from the 1920s and ’30s, especially Uncle Dave Macon.
5. Is there a website people can visit to hear your music?
Renwah.com is our web site, with some music there, and on Myspace under Cactus Bob & Prairie Flower or Faux Renwah. Facebook is TooLoose Renwah.
6. Name one of your crowd-favorite tunes (please):
The Dead Horse Trampoline is our most requested song, also Einstein the Genius and Worthy of Estimation by Uncle Dave Macon.
7. Anything else you’d like to say to the fine people of Boulder Creek?
If you’re ready to party come on down!